Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Technology and wrestling!!!

I am looking for people who have suggestions of how I can utilize technology to help everyone stay up to date on all of the happenings in Westerville Wrestling. Ideally, I would like to have a person to post updates to my blog for all of the middle and high school results, as well as someone to post results during the off season. If anyone has a twitter account that will provide results or news, I will link it here. Even if you are from outside of Westerville and you conduct camps, clinics, or personal training, I welcome you posting that info here. I am looking to develop this blog and develop a community so all suggestions are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. zi'm particularly interested in this. the obvious answer is marketing through facebook and twitter, forums like jjhuddle, and ohiochatter.com .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the effects of the popularity of "modern" grappling on folk style. I wrestled in high school and a little after. I've trained in Gracie style Jiu Jitsu for 10 years now and I see subbmission grappling becoming more popular. Do you think that in the future, Highschool and college rule might be changed to reflect the international sensation of submission style wrestling. Many high levelubmission grapplers are former HS/college wrestlers. If you want to continure competing it's the best available venue. Do you think folk style will reflect the popularty of submissions? If so, when?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How has technology changed the wrestling game since you competed? when I wrestled no one officially tracked our BMI and if you drank water during practice it was because you were weak. Now body fat is closely monitored and wrestlers are forced to drink water ever 15 minutes or so. Advances in nutrition certainly affect this sport which is uniquly conserned about the specific size of competitors.

    ReplyDelete